is new zealand
on your bucket list?
The competition may be closed but the greatest adventure playground on earth is always open. Here are some of the thrills you could have in New Zealand, a land of extreme adventures that should be on everybody’s bucket list.
From the land that invented more extreme adventures than anywhere on earth, this is the ultimate adventure list.
- Swim with dolphins in Doubtful Sound
- Ride a horse along 90-mile beach
- Stand on the edge of a live volcano – either
Mt Ruapehu or White Island
- Walk the Routeburn track
- The original bungee jump at Skippers Canyon
- Underwater tube rafting through the Waitomo
glow worm caves
- Kayak a natural rock cathedral at Cathedral Cove
- Heli-biking tours – extreme mountain biking
- Be the first person to see the sun rise in the
world at Wainui Beach, Gisborne
- Soak in your own natural hot pool at
Hot Water Beach
- Hot air ballooning across either the Waikato
or the Canterbury Plains
- Explore the mysterious Moeraki Boulders
- Whale watching in Kaikoura
* Some activities are seasonal. Availability will depend on the timing of your arrival in NZ.
Our location for the Bear essentials
We filmed the Bear essentials of safety on the Routeburn Track, a 32km, 2-4 day track in the southwestern corner of New Zealand’s South Island.